Senior Civil Estimator
Tech USA has an immediate opening for an experienced Sr. Estimator with extensive experience in heavy civil construction for a leading heavy civil contractor in Beckley, WV.
- Preparation of thorough, accurate and timely estimates, including the preparation of bid documents and the development of clear written proposals and correspondence.
- Evaluate and understand project bid documents including plans and specifications
- Attend Pre-Bid meetings as required
- Visit project sites to determine any local and project specific information that is needed to prepare a bid.
- Solicit participation from all vendors and subcontractors
- Assigns material costs and staffing costs to the takeoffs.
- Distribute and maintain control of bid document.
- Assist in the presentation of the estimate/proposal.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering Discipline, Construction Management OR equivalent work experience or training in a related fields
- 8+years’ experience on civil projects for DOT & large site development projects
- Knowledge and experienced estimating earthwork projects
- Experience with estimating software – HCSS, AgTek, & Excel
- Preferred expereince with large & small scale heavy equipment & drilling/blasting
About Tech USA:
Tech USA, Engineering & Construction Solutions is a comprehensive provider of workforce and project support solutions throughout the Engineering, Construction, and Environmental Industries, including Construction Management, Environmental Services, Remediation, Geotechnical Services, Safety, MEP Design & Construction and Biofuels. We are actively seeking candidates for contract, contract-to-hire, project support and permanent placement jobs throughout the nation. View our website to see a list of our current open positions; however, not all of our positions are listed so don’t forget to submit your resume and request a consultation with one of our Engineering & Construction recruiting specialists to explore your opportunities further.
At Tech USA we understand that next to your family, your career is one of the most important aspects to a happy and fulfilling life. This is why we take the time to truly understand and get to know our candidates, so we can then pair them with the right job, not just any job. As a result, Tech USA is known throughout the industry for quality, reliability and the highest satisfaction from both our clients as well as the candidates that we represent. Contact a local Tech USA representative today and learn about the many opportunities we may have available for you. Tech USA is an equal opportunity employer.