Tech USA is currently seeking a Mechanical BIM Detailer for a full time position to be a part of a dynamic and diverse team in Phoenix, AZ. This is an exciting opportunity for a BIM Detailer to get in with a great mechanical contracting company.
- Generates construction and fabrication drawings using CADD equipment and peripherals for a variety of large complex commercial and industrial construction projects.
- Reviews construction drawings for apparent conflicts with architectural and structural contract documents and to ensure compliance with local code requirements.
- All issues identified during these reviews are brought to the attention of project management for clarification and resolution through the Request For Information (RFI) process.
- Reviews equipment submittal documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinates draft construction drawings with other trades to ensure routings and clearances are understood and no obstructions exist.
- Performs site surveys and field measurement work as needed to support the conceptual and design drawing effort.
- Provides completed complex construction drawings to the shop for parts manufacture and to the job site management to use in construction and installation of material and equipment.
- Identifies all detailing work required or requested for the project which is outside of the baseline scope of work and notify the Senior Lead BIM Coordinator on the project.
- Assists Senior Lead BIM Coordinator with document control during the detailing process and arranges for outside reproduction services.
- Maintains appropriate logs pertaining to drawing work such as RFI’s, transmittals, and drawings.
- Identifies and resolves issues with clients, architects, engineers, building owners and vendors related to construction drawings and drawings of record.
Must possess the following:
- Desirable to have a minimum of 2-3 years of industry experience.
- Must have experience with Designing Plumbing Systems!
- Fluent in the use of AutoCAD MEP, Revit and Navisworks.
- Specific experience in plumbing, piping and sheet metal systems for large commercial or industrial installations.
- Candidates must have good organizational skills, be enthusiastic, responsible, committed, and be a self-motivated individual who works well as a team player.
- This position has an excellent opportunity for professional growth.
- Must be suited to work in a fast paced professional environment.
About Tech USA:
Tech USA, Engineering & Construction Solutions is a comprehensive provider of workforce and project support solutions throughout the Engineering, Construction, and Environmental Industries, including Construction Management, Environmental Services, Remediation, Geotechnical Services, Safety, MEP Design & Construction and Biofuels. We are actively seeking candidates for contract, contract-to-hire, project support and permanent placement jobs throughout the nation. View our website to see a list of our current open positions; however, not all of our positions are listed so don’t forget to submit your resume and request a consultation with one of our Engineering & Construction recruiting specialists to explore your opportunities further.
At Tech USA we understand that next to your family, your career is one of the most important aspects to a happy and fulfilling life. This is why we take the time to truly understand and get to know our candidates, so we can then pair them with the right job, not just any job. As a result, Tech USA is known throughout the industry for quality, reliability and the highest satisfaction from both our clients as well as the candidates that we represent. Contact a local Tech USA representative today and learn about the many opportunities we may have available for you. Tech USA is an equal opportunity employer.