A passion for manufacturing and metal cutting is a must!
This position is responsible for the process development and product support of various applications of Ingersoll multi-axis CNC machine tools. Included are all activities required to produce accurate cycle time for sales proposals, and develop the actual process cycle to successfully produce the Customer parts.
- Reviews and analyzes customer part manufacturing requirements.
- Develops complete manufacturing processes from workholding design through NC programming, machining and inspection.
- Tests alternative metal cutting techniques and manufacturing process; recommends changes in procedures, equipment, or practices as needed.
- Provides programmer and operator training to internal and customer personnel.
- Ability to follow a project from proposal to installation.
- Consults with customers on manufacturing applications and issues.
- Visits customer facilities to support introduction of systems into production.
- Visits customer facilities to identify and resolve processing problems; doing so potentially under pressure and on short notice.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Has the ability to work overtime and/or on "off-shifts" as required by business needs.
- Knowledge of CAM and machining practices
- Ambitious self-learner with efficient time-management skills
- Ability to apply modern metal cutting techniques (cutting parameters, process planning, fixtures, etc.)
- Ability to travel in USA and abroad for extended periods
- Ability to instill customer's confidence in Ingersoll's competency and reliability
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
- Minimum two years work experience in machining and NC programming
- A specific experience as CNC programmer for multi-axis machine tools
- CAM software and post-processing experience, preferably CATIA or NX
- CAD knowledge: preferably CATIA, Solidworks, AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of computer programming: preferably VB/VBA, C/C++
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint