Tech USA has an immediate opportunity for hard working, self-motivated, highly reliable individuals. We are seeking an entry-level Construction Engineer Technician that assists Engineers and other Professionals by performing a variety of testing, project specific observations, and site assessment duties.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Perform testing of soil, aggregate, concrete, bituminous, and masonry construction materials.
· Operate equipment, conducts tests/assessments and reports data.
· Make field inspection of project facilities and recommend setting and/or modify boring location.
· Conduct tests that check the strength, temperature, density, air content of concrete and/or other construction materials.
· Use resistivity equipment and pH meters to obtain electrical and chemical properties of foundation soils.
· Vibration monitoring of sheet piles being driven into ground near chemical plants and ethylene pipelines.
· Assists with the operation of hand portable geophysical equipment and vehicle mounted equipment.
· Direct the installation of water wells and instrumentation devices to assure correctness of depths, sizes, alignment, materials, and equipment.
· Works from drawings, specifications, diagrams, schematics and specific verbal and written instructions.
· Prepare testing reports and forms summarizing test and observation results.
· Discuss field observations and test results with Project Managers to ensure project execution, accuracy and timely reporting.
· Assist in carrying out the tasks associated with the Quality Program by performing equipment checks and calibrations.