We are a global provider for end users Shell Oil, ExxonMobil, natural gas providers and worldwide organizations. We are opening a new Application Engineer role due to internal growth, that will interface with our top Engineers, clients and end users.
The Application Engineer:
- Works primarily with external skid packagers in applying oil injected screw compressors to a wide range of hydrocarbon, gas and refrigeration applications.
- Is expected to continuously generate purchase orders by processing customer requirements, generating proposals that include compressor frame selection, performance, specification review, build requirements and pricing.
- Process inquiries by assisting customers with compressor selections and estimating compressor performance for applications in both Industrial Refrigeration and Hydrocarbon applications.
- Evaluate Refrigeration systems with innovative alternatives to accomplish customer needs.
- Produce commercially and technically competitive proposals to internal & external customers in a timely manner within factory approvals.
- Review technical specifications for compliance in product selection, materials, quality, testing, and delivery.
- Provide technical support in resolving project and field issues.
- Assist Application and Sales Managers in developing sales forecast with proposal follow ups.
- Occasional travel (10%) to factory, end users, EPC’s customers and trade shows as required.
- Take ownership of sometimes complex, multi-party project, followed through to contract and product delivery.
- Assist in developing application software tools supporting factory software development.
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety standards in compliance with Company policy to ensure safe working environment.
- Transposing customer process requirements to equipment selection and customized performance including RFQ specification requirements.
- Technical equipment performance risk and pricing assessments.
- Occasional travel (10%) to factory, end users, EPC’s, customers and trade shows as required.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong ability in thermodynamics with an understanding of heat transfer and the refrigeration cycle with focus in ammonia, propane and CFC refrigerants.
- BS degree in Engineering and 2-5 years’ experience, major plus if in the Industrial Refrigeration market segment preferably in Screw Compressors. Will consider 2-year degree individuals with the appropriate experience.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Excel and an understanding of JAVA script, HYSIS and AutoCAD
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to organize and manage multiple contracts and proposals simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to provide technical presentations to external customers with a proactive sales oriented perspective.
- Familiar with Industry Standards such as ASME, ASTM, ISO, API, NACE, AHSRAE, ARI, IIAR.
- Experience with rotating equipment