We are seeking a dynamic, open-minded Applications Engineer to join our client's team at their company headquarters in Atlanta, GA. Under direct supervision of the Vice President of Sales, this position will be responsible for the technical support of the outside sales staff. Job functions for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Identify pertinent details of project scope and use information to recommend suitable ABUTEC solution
- Project costing
- BOM generation
- Quotation preparation
- Interface between project management team and sales team
- Act as technical support to outside sales team to provide detailed knowledge of system scope – some domestic travel may be required
The ideal candidate will have an engineering background, with strong technical and mathematical aptitude.
Education: Bachelor’s degree with focus in mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering.
Experience: At least 2 – 4 years of industry experience preferred.
Competencies: Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software, i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Other skills and abilities:
- Hard working
- Good initiative and self-starter
- Able to meet aggressive deadlines and handle multiple projects
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Desire and willingness to learn