Job Title: Application Performance Engineer
Location: Phila, PA
Duration: 3+ months (w/ EOY extension)
- Work with the Application Support and Development Teams to determine the optimal way to scale and various applications.
- Identify & prioritize software performance issues: Work with software developers closely to improve code base performance (e.g. algorithm redesign), reduce resource consumption and shorten request latency.
- Use DynaTrace and New Relic to monitor systems and services. Write monitoring, reporting and capacity-related tests and analysis. The resource will also be responsible for end to end root cause analysis and reporting.
- Provide deepest visibility to what is going on for all products: run capacity and performance experiments to determine scaling and utilization parameters for various service tiers.
- Present performance and capacity roadmap for critical project and cost analyses in presentation and written form weekly to Executive Teams and Domain Leads.
- Identify capacity-related issues proactively and work with Tools, Network, Infrastructure, Database, and Application and Engineering Teams to outline and address resolutions.
- Ability to identify & prioritize hardware performance issues: Analyze and debug difficult infrastructure performance issues, identify bottlenecks and optimize product/service performance to improve user experience.