- Demonstrates knowledge of power design including UPS and generator support systems, preparation of electrical one-line diagrams, short circuit and voltage drop calculations and fuse and circuit breaker coordination studies.
- Familiar with industrial controls including systems architecture diagrams, HMI’s, software and PLC deployment and related sensing and control devices related to Airport systems.
- Familiar with other related building technology systems including fire alarm, security, telecommunications and audio/visual equipment.
- Design functions include preparation of airport systems studies, systems simulations, Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA), flow diagrams, general systems layout, 3-D modeling, cost estimates and control system design.
- Performs necessary design calculations to determine systems performance requirements and criteria compliance.
- Prepares reports related to all design functions and develops specifications to establish systems parameters to meet project criteria.
- During project construction, reviews contractor and vendor submittals, responds to contractor and owner Requests for Information (RFI’s), and performs periodic onsite inspections to confirm conformance with the construction documents.
- Performs onsite testing and commissioning of completed systems.
-Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, or a related field, from an ABET-accredited four-year college or university.
-3 to 5 years’ experience preferably in design of airport systems.
-Registration as a Professional Engineer preferred.