Ammonia Operations Technical Specialist
1. General understanding and compliance with all OSHA regulations, EPA Regulations, National Electrical Codes, State Mechanical Codes and other Plant/Facility Operational or safety procedures.
2. Adhere to Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory guidelines.
3. Perform all work in accordance with environmental, health and safety standards, rules, regulations and practices of the facility.
4. Maintain the plant’s PSM (Process Safety Management) and ERP (Emergency Response Plan) programs, including all related documentation.
5. Must be able to pass training/certifications as required for qualification.
6. Use a variety of test equipment, machines, hand tools and computer aided equipment essential to maintaining the Ammonia System.
7. Respond to equipment/system breakdowns in an expeditious, professional and safe manner.
8. Ability to effectively troubleshoot and diagnose system failures or breakdowns.
9. Perform maintenance in accordance with maintenance schedules, utilizing appropriate blueprints, diagrams, sketches, national codes and verbal/written instructions.
10. Maintain a clean and orderly shop and work area.
11. Must be able to work overtime, weekends and willing to move to any shift. Including being on call during off hours for emergency situations related to the ammonia system.
12. Ability to comply with and execute the established preventive maintenance and work order/repair program in place.
13. Maintain the equipment/system history records including daily activity records and all maintenance actions.
Ammonia Operations Technical Specialist – E06 2.17 1
14. Ability to read, understand and use the systems P&ID to effectively maintain and troubleshoot the Ammonia system.
15. Compliance with all other duties as assigned.
1. Start/Stop, adjust and monitor the facilities ammonia refrigeration system to ensure safe and efficient operation.
2. Complete and maintain all necessary logs and records, including but not limited to documentation required for the PSM and ERP programs.
3. Perform required maintenance task on all associated system equipment and components.
4. Maintain proper temperatures throughout the ammonia system as required per sub system.
5. Operate and maintain the system in a manner that ensures the safety of fellow employees, the community and the environment.