Analyst, Trade Customer Support
The U.S. Trade Customer Support team member is an integral part of the order to cash process. Trade Analyst shall perform tasks on a daily basis that directly impact the organization’s business operations and customer relations to a substantial degree. Responsibilities shall require the analyst to work independent of management and make decisions that have a significant financial impact to the business.
This position shall be responsible for performing all Trade Customer Support Procedures related to Order Monitoring, Claim & Deduction Management and Reverse Logistics for Trade Customers as outlined in the duties and responsibilities below. The analyzing and implementing payment of the NLC/RDC fees to participating Trading Partners.
Order Monitoring and Processing Responsibilities:
- Analyze incoming orders that are held up in intermediate document (IDOC) status to identify the issues and take appropriate action to release it. Issues could be a combination of pricing, quantity, incorrect unit of measure, etc.
- Monitor orders to ensure smooth transition throughout order journey from Trade to the Distribution Center.
- Review and take appropriate steps to resolve all system blocks, i.e. DEA review of orders with controlled substances, review of short-dated requests, etc.
- Perform complex SAP transactions to ensure timely processing of orders to meet company goals and customer expectations.
Claims Management Responsibilities
- Analyst is responsible for handling customer complaints and resolving grievances for claims associated with mishandling of product such as shortages and damages.
- Analyst is responsible for investigating and resolving claims including confirmation that the customer's statement and actions are accurate and appropriate in accordance with the Distribution Performance Agreements.
- Research shall involve confirmation from several internal and external partners, including Trading Partners and distribution vendors.
- Depending on the outcome of the investigation, the analysts shall issue credit. Analysts have authority to release credits up to $25K without management review or approval.
- Analyze SAP data for reported shortage and damage claims to recognize trends, weaknesses, and opportunities to lower risk and improve process.
Deduction Management Responsibilities (Deductions are debits taken by customers if we do not issue credit in a timely manner.)
- Perform weekly review of deduction report associated with transportation claims and expired returns.
- Analyze each deduction to confirm validity of deduction.
- Works closely with A/R & Credit to evaluate deductions and establish processes to reduce them
- Identify source of credit processing delay.
- Perform necessary procedure(s) to expedite reconciliation of issue.
- Analyze expired returns to ensure appropriate credit is issued.
- Analyst must be proficient in the reconciliation process including utilization of Business Warehouse reports as well as Acrobat Convertor, Excel, and Reverse Logistics Vendor Software (CAPNET) programs to develop appropriate documentation to support recommendation for credit.
- Analyst must process credits in SAP utilizing Automated Credit Approval Process up to their approved Delegation of Authority of $25K.
- When required, work with direct and /or indirect customers as well as third party processors to verify return details and ensure appropriate credit is issued.
- Analyst must understand the root cause of the discrepancies, identify trending and recommend process improvement when appropriate.
Customer Relations Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing wholesale accounts by providing optimum customer support to maintain and increase effective working relationships with trading partners.
- Analyst must work with key stakeholders to identify opportunities to streamline processes and improve service levels.
- Activities shall include:
- Participation in Team Account Meetings
- Provide status on open deductions, reported claims, account issues, and trending.
- Tracking and reporting on Price Action order activity.
- Working with National Account Managers to review customer performance as it relates to the Distribution Performance Agreement to ensure contract expectations are met.
- Responsible for tracking, analyzing and processing quarterly redistribution fees for those wholesalers who participate in the Distribution Performance Agreement.
- Visits to accounts when required.
- Ensure timely processing of NLC/RDC fee payments.
- Develop and communicate status of backordered products to internal partners via the ‘Out of Stock’ report
- Export and Contract Manufacturing
- Coordinates Trade Support transactions cross functionally in the organization including but not limited to Finance, Credit & A/R, Supply Chain, and Transportation.
- Communicates any challenges to management and appropriate department for resolution.
- Track and analyze customer order data to ensure pre-determined launch quantities are appropriately distributed.
- Communicate to cross functional team to ensure orders received are on target with financial expectations.
- Work with key stakeholders, i.e. Distribution & Transportation, to coordinate order processing and delivery.
Emergency Drop Ship Orders
- Provide after-hour emergency order service to indirect customers and trading partners.
- Work with distribution Center to ensure timely delivery of emergency order.
- Follow-up with customer to confirm receipt of product.
- Each Trade Customer Support Analyst is responsible for assigned Procedures.
- Analyst must be proficient in every procedure (approximately 50 as of February 2010) required for Order Monitoring, Claim and Deduction Management and Reverse Logistics.
- Analyst is responsible for bi-annual review of their assigned procedures to identify opportunities for improvement. If analyst makes changes to procedures, they are responsible for communicating change to Trade Customer Support colleagues.
- Analyst is responsible for understanding and developing standard reports, i.e. Product Recall report.
- Analysts must be knowledgeable of department SOX controls.
- Analysts must be proficient and compliant with all corporate policies such as Human Resources, Corporate Compliance and Travel and Expense.
- The Supervisor of Order Management and Reverse Logistics shall be the secondary person responsible for the following activities:
- SOX Compliance
- Back-up to Supervisor of Systems & Reporting Ensure monthly SOX controls are performed.
- SOX Tester responsibilities as defined by the SOX team.
- Back-up to Supervisor of Systems & Reporting
- Manage security procedures including processes for account set up, passwords and account maintenance
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree plus 1-3 year(s) experience.
- Experience within pharmaceutical industry and/or Customer Service arena.
- Experience working with wholesale accounts and third party vendors and SAP a plus.
- Knowledge of order to cash
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of SAP navigation & logic
- Intermediate to advanced level Microsoft Excel experience required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-starter with ability to work in team environment and foster cross-functional collaboration
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism
- Self-motivation and proactive work approach
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret data and make recommendation to management
- This job requires extensive use of computer equipment (e.g., primary functions are to enter, retrieve data from a computer).
- Job requires consistent demonstration of appropriate behavioral competencies as defined through the company’s Leadership Success Profile Model including Leadership, Business Acumen, Building Effective Partnerships, Drive for Results, Technical /Professional Knowledge & Skills and Transformation
- In addition, the Analyst must demonstrate the Company Values including Audacity, Creativity, Respect, Courage, Solidarity & Performance.
About Tech USA:
Tech USA, Scientific Solutions is a comprehensive provider of staffing and workforce solutions throughout the Scientific Industry, including Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, Clinical Research, Healthcare, Biodefense, Environmental, Chemical and Food Sciences. We are actively seeking candidates for contract, contract-to-hire and permanent placement jobs throughout the nation. View our website to see a list of our current open positions; however, not all of our positions are listed so don’t forget to submit your resume and request a consultation with one of our scientific recruiting specialists to explore your opportunities further.
At Tech USA we understand that next to your family, your career is one of the most important aspects to a happy and fulfilling life. This is why we take the time to truly understand and get to know our candidates, so we can then pair them with the right job, not just any job. As a result, Tech USA is known throughout the industry for quality, reliability and the highest satisfaction from both our clients as well as the candidates that we represent. Tech USA is an equal opportunity employer.