Senior Construction Estimator (heavy civil)
Tech USA is recruiting for an experienced Estimator, with a background in heavy civil/transportation. This is an in-office/onsite role, based in Raleigh, NC.
The Estimator will support and work with management, operations and estimating staff in the review of project plans, requirements and specifications. The Estimator needs extensive knowledge of construction means and methods, costs and engineering principles. Qualified individuals will have estimating experience with large Sitework, Heavy Civil, and/or Transportation projects. Must be confident working with estimating teams on projects of varying sizes, and be capable of estimating hard bid, negotiated and conceptual projects. Individual must be self-motivated, possess strong communication/interpersonal skills and be confident in his/her ability to develop and manage their assigned portion of the estimate.
- This is a staff position reporting to the Chief Estimator
- Estimating functions and associated workflows in a team environment
- Reviewing, analyzing and interpreting Contract Documents (specifications, drawings, and reference information) to develop detailed, comprehensive cost estimates for large, complex projects
- Ensuring estimates and proposals are performed in accordance with company practices and standards
- Establish and maintain budget control during Estimating & Preconstruction phases of the project
- Coordinate internal and external input required for estimates and proposals
- Participating in estimate reviews and presentations to senior management
- Assist with training of estimating staff
- Develop and maintain relationships with subcontractors and suppliers throughout the pre-bid process, including solicitation of bids and constructability input
- Manage comparisons between self-perform estimates and subcontractor quotes
- Prequalification and Proposal assistance functions
- Preparing value engineering solutions; including cost, schedule, and Owner benefits
- Preparing responses to Request for Qualifications (RFQ's) and Request for Proposals (RFP's)
- Participating in client interview presentations for negotiated bids
- Degree in Engineering with an emphasis in Civil, Structural, Construction Management, Drafting or related fields is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in construction/estimating
- Background in hard bid and design build procurement
- Strong background in Excel as well as Construction Estimating Software: Bid2win, HCSS HeavyBid, Procore, etc.
- Candidates must possess a strong work ethic; good interpersonal skills; demonstrate good organization, verbal and written communication skills; excellent leadership skills
- Can travel occasionally and act independently with little or no supervision and as a team player
- Results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
About Tech USA:
Tech USA, Engineering & Construction Solutions is a comprehensive provider of workforce and project support solutions throughout the Engineering, Construction, and Environmental Industries, including Construction Management, Environmental Services, Remediation, Geotechnical Services, Safety, MEP Design & Construction and Biofuels. We are actively seeking candidates for contract, contract-to-hire, project support and permanent placement jobs throughout the nation. View our website to see a list of our current open positions; however, not all our positions are listed so don't forget to submit your resume and request a consultation with one of our Engineering & Construction recruiting specialists to explore your opportunities further.
At Tech USA we understand that next to your family, your career is one of the most important aspects to a happy and fulfilling life. This is why we take the time to truly understand and get to know our candidates, so we can then pair them with the right job, not just any job. As a result, Tech USA is known throughout the industry for quality, reliability, and the highest satisfaction from both our clients as well as the candidates that we represent. Contact a local Tech USA representative today and learn about the many opportunities we may have available for you. Tech USA is an equal opportunity employer.