Our client in Dallas is currently seeking a Project Manager to join their team.
A summary of what the company does: designs, builds, controls, and maintains plumbing, piping, process and HVAC systems for commercial, institutional and industrial customers offering complete Design/Build and Design/Assist services for projects that vary in size, scope, and complexity. From stadiums and concert halls, to historic landmark buildings, to hospitals and industrial facilities.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Review job estimate and prepare project budgets.
- Estimate and negotiate change orders
- Prepare/ review submittals
- Track, forecast, report labor hours and material costs
- Buyout major equipment and subcontracts
- Expedite and track deliveries of major equipment/materials
- Maintain working knowledge of general conditions, work scope and specifications of project contract/subcontract
- Supervise Project Engineers and General Superintendents including quarterly and annual coaching.
- Collaborate with field labor supervision to plan, organize and schedule project work including preparation of subcontract/contract integrated project schedule
- Review contract drawings, detail drawings and specifications
- Prepare fabrication shop work package including detail drawing review, material take off and buyout, and man-hour fabrication budget
Specific Job Skills:
- Ability to accurately estimate mechanical work
- Ability to lead and foster positive working environment
- Ability to understand and communicate basic mechanical concepts
- Advanced organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail - errors & mistakes can result in significant financial losses
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic - results driven
- Ability to multi-task job responsibilities
- Advanced computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Project, Access, and AutoCAD
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of 5-10 years experience as a mechanical project manager
- Construction Management or Mechanical, Civil, or Chemical Engineering degree desired
- Must have experience estimating HVAC Piping Systems
- A competitive compensation package will be included: Base salary, travel package, & living allowance