Responsibilities and Expectations
- Conduct tests and investigations in the field or laboratory to obtain data used by engineering and technical personnel in determining physical properties of construction materials
- Observe civil construction activities determine compliance with project plans, details and specifications; recommend acceptance or rejection in the field at the time of inspection
- Explain the intent of project plans, details and specifications client and contractors if needed
- Measure quantities of completed work for payment
- Prepare detailed daily inspection reports including photos daily using Microsoft excel
- Coordinate with materials field technicians for necessary sampling and testing and evaluate their test results
- Ability to work with a team and independently.
- Able to multi-task and adhere to timelines
- Ability to adhere to safety standards, practices and procedures
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to interact
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in the construction industry primarily in an inspector position
- ACI, NICET, ICC certification preferred.