Tech USA is currently seeking a Plant Engineer for a full time position to be a part of a dynamic and diverse team, with an international engineering technology enterprise. We are looking for a seasoned, team oriented, quality minded, and motivated individual to join an market leader in the plumbing/hvac products industry. Our client is growing tremendously due to innovative new products and services. Don’t miss this great opportunity, contact us at email@example.com
Plant Controls Engineer
Controls Engineer designs and implements control systems, modify existing control systems for continuous improvement activities, and support maintenance technicians and manufacturing engineers. Activities are both group-based as well as individual and are prioritized according to production requirements. This position requires individuals to lead by example, design and modify electrical schematics, develop PLC and HMI code, install new electrical components, and troubleshoot existing equipment.
- Partners with Manufacturing Engineering to support production.
- Provides technical assistance and resolution when controls or engineering issues are encountered.
- Manages, designs, and implements both capital and CI investments from beginning to end.
- Provides technical support for existing equipment as well as new equipment purchases and installs.
- Identifies opportunities for improvements and implements solutions while standardizing and documenting the solutions.
- Optimize control equipment to become more reliable and production/maintenance friendly.
- Develops upgrade plans for obsolescent equipment controls.
- Supports program modifications for a centralized data collection system (SCADA).
- Benchmarks and implements new technology in partnership with company vision.
- Selects the controls equipment to complete system design and support system development.
- Communicates frequently with internal and external Customers regarding various issues.
- Must understand the rules and conditions of automation systems, safety controls and electronic equipment operation.
- Assists with the construction and installation of ultramodern, process-controlled, high-tech installations of manufacturing equipment.
- Prepares specifications for purchase of materials and equipment. Identifies critical spare parts list.
- Maintains documentation in a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- New equipment installs, run offs and acceptance of machines.
- Manage Budget to Actual Capital expenses.
- Maintain equipment design / build guidelines and standards for vendors to follow.
- Manages and assigns work load for Controls Technicians.
- An associate degree in electrical or industrial maintenance preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with 6S and Lean Manufacturing principles, workflow and operational procedures.
- Self-motivated and dependable team player with business maturity, enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Proficient with computers, PLC programming, motor controls and power distribution including three phase electricity controls and components
- Knowledgeable in Allen Bradley, Siemens, and other programming software
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and ladder logic.
- Knowledge of AC and DC motor systems including VFD installation and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge and ability to assemble troubleshoot and rebuild Electrical, Hydraulic, Pneumatic and Mechanical Systems and their related components with strong emphases on the Electrical / Controls side.
- Must possess solid leadership qualities, including team building with excellent oral & written communications skills.
- Ability to initiate corrective/preventive and continuous improvement opportunities and actively participate in developing, implementing, and verifying corrective/improvement actions.
- Able to work overtime and emergency call in when needed.
- Experience programming Allen-Bradley PLC, Guard Logix, HMIs, and Motion Controls and/or Siemens S5 and S7, Fanuc Motion Control, Epson robots
- Knowledge of Functional Safety Circuits and Safety Standards for industry.
- Strong problem-solving and proven project management ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to create technical documentation.
- Wise decision-making working independently, within a team, or leading a team.
- Ability to stay focused on task and goals while constantly delivery high-level results.
- Able to perform job duties safely.
- The position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift up to 100 pounds with the help of another employee.
- Ability to work in a non-climate-controlled production environment.
About Tech USA:
Tech USA, Engineering & Construction Solutions is a comprehensive provider of workforce and project support solutions throughout the Engineering, Construction, and Environmental Industries, including Construction Management, Environmental Services, Remediation, Geotechnical Services, Safety, MEP Design & Construction and Biofuels. We are actively seeking candidates for contract, contract-to-hire, project support and permanent placement jobs throughout the nation. View our website to see a list of our current open positions; however, not all of our positions are listed so don’t forget to submit your resume and request a consultation with one of our Engineering & Construction recruiting specialists to explore your opportunities further.
At Tech USA we understand that next to your family, your career is one of the most important aspects to a happy and fulfilling life. This is why we take the time to truly understand and get to know our candidates, so we can then pair them with the right job, not just any job. As a result, Tech USA is known throughout the industry for quality, reliability and the highest satisfaction from both our clients as well as the candidates that we represent. Contact a local Tech USA representative today and learn about the many opportunities we may have available for you. Tech USA is an equal opportunity employer.