Responsible for applying payments accurately to customer accounts, performing analysis of payment histories and account reconciliations. In addition, this role will reconciles customer balances with focus on resolving payment discrepancies, conduct research for unidentified customer accounts and/or over-payments. This position will also have regular interaction with the credit/collection department. The candidate takes ownership and creates solutions and enjoys working “hands-on” in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.** MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL TO NJ FOR TRAINING - DURATION 3- 4 WEEKS. ONCE TRAINING IS COMPLETE, JOB IS BASED IN NORTH WALES PA.
• Verifies payments and ensures that all required paperwork is accurately completed including check numbers and amounts paid.
• Compiles, batches and applies customer payments to customer accounts
• Prepares accounts receivable adjustments based on customer short payments.
• Daily Balancing of the General Ledger
• Review unidentified deductions, recode, then forward to appropriate Finance analyst (i.e., Returns, Rebates, etc.).
• Finance Liaison for all cross functional groups to ensure that all journal entries/offsetting adjustments for entire Accounts Receivable Portfolio are processed in a timely manner.
• Extensive reporting responsibilities, including, but not limited to, Cash Forecast, Payment Trending, Month-End/Quarter-End Reconciliations, Ad-Hoc, etc.
• Contacts customers when necessary to determine proper payment application.
• Maintains customer files and all related information in computer system.
• Researches customer duplicates and erroneous payments
• Assists with questions regarding balancing problems with the cash report.
• Assist in the month end processes as needed
• Participate in special department projects/initiatives as directed
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Archiving, records retention and audit support
• Escalate unresolved issues/concerns