TechUSA is currently seeking a Sr. Mechanical Estimator to join their team in Tempe, AZ.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Understands the methods and data sources used to estimate construction projects. Adept in quickly learning new software, related to estimating and scheduling. Extensive experience providing pre-construction service in the private sector. Strong business and technical writing skills, strong organizational skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills. Experience making presentations. Strong technical skills and sense of urgency. General knowledge of all aspects of construction including MEP system costs
• The ability to manage a design to a budget
• The ability to multitask and meet simultaneous deliverables
• The ability to manage and direct people
• The ability to communicate with General Contractors, sub-contractors and engineers at a high level
• Very well-developed people and communication skills
• Expertise in procurement of construction work
• Expert knowledge of field operations
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to assess contract requirements.
• Ability to clearly translate client project requirements into budgets and estimates for project managers so that the final product delivered meets or exceeds clients’ expectations.
• Knowledge of state, and local building codes, ordinances, and regulations.
• Proficient in On Screen Take-off, Microsoft Office (especially Microsoft Excel), FastEst and Timberline.
• Coordinate and organize the bidding efforts of multiple projects in the same time frame. Analyze project plans and specifications to interpret and determine required scope of work
• Prepare labor and material estimates
• Visit project sites to understand site conditions / restrictions when necessary
• Work closely with our take-off estimator to direct priorities and answer questions necessary for takeoffs to be performed.
• Determine quantities and costs for conceptual or design build projects based on knowledge, experience, and with other members of the construction department's assistance.
• Maintain Vendor and Subcontractor lists to facilitate quotes for projects
• On-going communication with subcontractors and suppliers to solicit quotations for each project
• Review Quotations from Subcontractors and suppliers for correct scope and best price
• Prepare professional proposals defining scope of work and cost for our customers • Interact with customers when reviewing scope of work or questions
• Assist the team to close the estimate with the customer
• Supervise the estimating staff to include but not limited to the Estimators and the Bid Coordinator.
• Interact proactively with other company employees on a day-to -day basis