Survey Helper – Concrete
Immediate opening for a Survey Helper to join a large Data Center project in the Reno, Nevada area. This role would be responsible for maintaining various survey items and would assist the surveyors on site.
Hours: 6am-4:30pm (5-6 days per week)
Duration: long term project (1+ year)
- Clears brush with axes and machetes.
- Maintains survey crew vehicle, supplies and equipment.
- Make measurements with steel tape.
- Sets up targets and prisms using tripods and optical plummets.
- Holds the level rod for differential leveling.
- Assists other crew members as needed.
- Digs to locate buried property corners or utilities.
- Sets up safety devices for traffic controls and performs flagman duties.
- Acquires and develops knowledge of simple surveying instruments, equipment and practices.
- Applies basic mathematics in work with survey drawings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- High School or equivalent, some college preferred
- Reading and understanding of numbers
- Some knowledge of Trimble GPS equipment, TBC and other surveying equipment.
- Knowledge of drafting and mapping methods
- Understanding & following safety practices pertaining to field surveying work.