Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect data from Capacity Planning’s database infrastructure, compile and analyze data, produce and deliver accurate and complete capacity reports that are provided to management, Network Engineering, Operations and the Business Unit, per defined schedules.
- Contribute to the development of an automated process that accounts for current network utilization, sold Business Services orders and projected sales to provide a predictive network utilization forecast to support both organic growth and new customer requirements.
- Create and deliver regularly scheduled capacity reports, providing detailed analyses of observed trends and investigating any anomalies discovered.
- Compile and deliver monthly network utilization dashboards and analyses for network infrastructures associated with Business Services product lines.
- Work with Network Engineering to understand and document augmentation plans associated with capacity alerts that have been identified.
- Maintain historic capacity data and produce utilization and associated forecasts as required.
- Work closely with the Capacity Planning Development team to automate repeatable processes to improve data processing and reporting efficiencies.
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance is required.
- Some travel may be required.
- B.S. in Mathematics, Statistics, an Engineering discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years experience in a capacity planning, network engineering or network operations role.
- Ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of IP networking infrastructures and components (routers, switches, etc.) and a general understanding of cable high speed data (HSD) infrastructures (i.e. CMTS, Fiber Nodes, etc.)
- Hands on experience with Tableau a plus.
- Proficiency with SQL, Access and Excel is required. A demonstrated ability to create and execute SQL queries, manipulate data in Access and create pivot tables in Excel is required to be successful in this role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of networking protocols and technologies, such as IP, TCP, Multicast, etc.
- Ideal candidate will have worked one or more years in a “triple-play” (voice/video/data) environment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully communicate (verbal and written) with both team members and management.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment, while demonstrating the personal initiative needed to succeed in such an environment.
- Must be a detail-oriented person and possess solid organization skills.
- Scripting / automation skills considered a plus.
- Creative, self-motivated team player willing to take ownership of tasks assigned and new responsibilities as required.