In this role, you will assist in the execution of packaging testing activities in the laboratory environment to ensure they are completed on time, and to agreed quality standards. The Packaging Technician will provide the packaging development group with testing and administrative support and provide input to any incident/deviation that arises during test execution. Duties include ensuring adherence to standards, procedures and best practices for record-keeping and proper organization. The successful candidate will assist leading activities in the packaging laboratory, in support of R&D engineers, customer Development Agreements, and sustainment of commercial packaging products
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in Developing and maintaining a task schedule for individual testing projects in the packaging lab as assigned.
- Support in Executing testing as required for active programs with minimal direction from engineering or packaging management.
- Communicate the results of testing or experimentation with various audiences within the corporate environment; i.e. operators, engineers, managers.
- Keeps supervisor and manager informed or updated on status of projects and potential conflicts
- Maintain an inventory of engineering samples and provide delivery of engineering samples as required.
- Procure testing materials and services as required for experiments or protocols.
- Assist with outside vendors to schedule testing services in support of packaging programs.
- Facilitate testing services for other departments.
- Assist in the training and development of personnel in safety procedures and test methods.
- Facilitate the use, operation and development of experimental fixtures and testing equipment.
- Report any damage to equipment, accidents, or other unusual conditions to packaging management.
- Observe all company safety rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.