A program manager is primarily responsible for all aspects of program cost, schedule, and technical execution. The PM performs a wide variety of duties, depending on the needs of the program. They ensure that corporate operating processes are sufficient and follow program specifications. They oversee programs from development and plan to production.
- Strategic planning for upcoming projects
- Managing the staffing levels and financial burn rates for the program
- Work with contracts, finance, business development, IRAD and others as a part of master planning for company staffing, pipeline, and financial goals.
- Coordinate and manage project from inception to completion
- Review project designs and contribute ideas for cutting costs
- Carry out daily operational tasks in an effective and timely manner
- Facilitate communications between office and field staff
- Track and directly report project status updates
- Help problem solve issues and suggest ways to improve the project
- Organize, file, and maintain all current project documents
- Enter information into and manage the digital project databases
- Assist in ensuring compliance with necessary specifications
- Create, manage, and maintain project budget
- Coordinate and execute daily administrative tasks
- Schedule and confirm deliveries to field staff
- Create and adhere to project timeline and calendar
- Schedule meetings, phone calls, site visits etc.
- Consult with and gather information from technicians, engineers, contractors, etc.
- Maintain positive vendor and client relationships
- Works with customer counterpart to negotiate milestones, schedule, Reqs.
- Conduct PMR's TRR's, GAT, etc.
- Completion of a full course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a Bachelor’s or higher degree in engineering, systems management, business administration or a related field. Substitutions: Four (4) years of professional experience can be substituted for two (2) years of the educational requirements.
- 5 years’ experience in a leadership role. Should include experience of at least a moderate level in one or more areas of contracts, finance, staffing management, engineering leadership, etc.
- Department of Defense (DOD) experience required
- Simulation experience preferred.
- PMP preferred.
Essential Mental Requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Skilled collaborator
- Excels in a high-paced work environment
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Focused and supportive to management at all times
- Self-starter who works well independently
- Adaptable and calm under pressure
Essential Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- Computer, phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Basic computer operating system (Linux, Windows)
- Microsoft Office Application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* US Government security clearance may be required and candidate must be eligible.
* Candidate must be able to obtain a US passport.