Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Fishbeck is seeking a Structural Engineer to apply their training, experience and knowledge of materials, structural analysis, and design in a wide variety of materials such as structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and wood/timber systems. The selected candidate will work on many different types of building, treatment plant, utility tunnel, equipment support and other project types.
- Work closely with other technical staff from all Fishbeck offices to assist in providing consulting engineering services for state and private universities, national retailers, municipalities, architects, and development clients locally and throughout the US.
- Interact daily with fellow Fishbeck structural engineers and project team members in a multi-disciplinary and sometimes multi-office environment.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Will be exposed to light lifting, sitting, and walking. Will use a computer. May occasionally perform duties at and may be required to access and maneuver around project sites. Occasionally may need to climb ladders and access structures in high locations, close quarters, dim light or locations with elevated temperatures. Must be capable of traveling to and from project locations. Able to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes. Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Graduate from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
Bachelor of Science
Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering with Structures emphasis
Desired Job Experience
- EIT/FE or PE.
- Experienced with standards such as IBC, ASCE 7, AISC 360 and ACI 318.
- Familiar with, or willing to learn standards such as AISC 341, ACI 350, ACI 530, and NDS.
- Experienced with the use of Revit modeling software, or willing to learn.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.