Currently seeking a Jr. Electrical Estimator for a large subcontractor that focuses on electrical and communications installations on both commercial and industrial projects.
The Assistant Estimator is responsible for assisting Estimators/Project Managers with clerical tasks associated with new project development including; quantifying take-offs, calculating and compiling data for use in preparation of proposals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Calculate various data quantity take-offs for data entry into computer estimating system.
- Identify qualified suppliers/subcontractors and solicit quotes.
- Participate in developing and organizing bid package estimate documents.
- Maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating figures.
- Distribute bidding documents to sub-contractors and vendors at the direction of the Estimator
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years’ Postsecondary non-degree award in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
- Ability to calculate mathematical extensions, read and understand architectural construction documents
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others