Currently seeking a Project Engineer for a full time/direct hire position with our client in Tempe, AZ. This is an exciting opportunity to supervise, coordinate, inspect and perform the assembly, installation and repair of components, subsystems and systems for the appropriate trade during the construction, tenant improvement or remodel of large-scale and mid-scale Commercial buildings. This position is with a great company who prides itself on employee retention, and consistently doing exciting work within the industry. They have continued to live up to their reputation year after year, and they are only looking for motivated individuals who share their passion for ecellence. Qualified candidates, please apply by submitting your resume, and feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Setup initial contracts and project information
- Receive, review, forward and track status of submittals
- Initiate, prepare, review, track and distribute RFIs
- Experience working with large commercial projects at GC level
- Assist in preparations of bid packages and procurement
- Update construction schedule based on project team input, Trade Contractor progress and materials delivery
- Change management systems, including soliciting, receiving, reviewing, and preparing quotations and change orders
- Track and inspect material deliveries
- Assist in compiling reports regarding financial performance of the project.
- Assist in preparation of monthly owner project status reports, as required
- Attend project meetings
- Assist in project close-out
- Communicate and enforce Safety protocol
- Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and mentoring others
- 1 to 5+ years of related experience working on Commercial construction projects as a Project Engineer or Project Coordinator or Field Engineer
- Average job size will ideally be around $1M to $10M+
- Ability to effectively lead and manage.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with project team, customers, subcontractors, vendors, inspectors, and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of established construction practices, procedures, and techniques as well as applicable local, state and federal building codes.
- Ability to read and understand work orders, budget, change orders, safety standards, plans specifications, shop drawings, blue prints, submittals, RFIs, contract documents and specifications, and CPM schedules.
- Understand construction scheduling and sequencing, and cost control.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in the workplace.
- Thorough and attentive to details; extremely organized and able to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
About Tech USA:
Tech USA, Engineering & Construction Solutions is a comprehensive provider of workforce and project support solutions throughout the Engineering, Construction, and Environmental Industries, including Construction Management, Environmental Services, Remediation, Geotechnical Services, Safety, MEP Design & Construction and Biofuels. We are actively seeking candidates for contract, contract-to-hire, project support and permanent placement jobs throughout the nation. View our website to see a list of our current open positions; however, not all of our positions are listed so don’t forget to submit your resume and request a consultation with one of our Engineering & Construction recruiting specialists to explore your opportunities further.
At Tech USA we understand that next to your family, your career is one of the most important aspects to a happy and fulfilling life. This is why we take the time to truly understand and get to know our candidates, so we can then pair them with the right job, not just any job. As a result, Tech USA is known throughout the industry for quality, reliability and the highest satisfaction from both our clients as well as the candidates that we represent. Contact a local Tech USA representative today and learn about the many opportunities we may have available for you. Tech USA is an equal opportunity employer.