This position provides computer aided design (CAD) detail drafting support to process design, new equipment installation and building modifications as well as standard support of engineering and maintenance activities within a large chemical manufacturing facility. Engineering disciplines supported may include civil, structural, architectural, electrical, instrumentation and process (equipment & piping). This position works with a multi-discipline team and will have contact with engineering groups and IT as well as external suppliers and contractors.
- Provide CAD support to engineering and maintenance functions.
- Prepares and revises computer generated 2-D engineering drawings and 3-D models according to established standards and procedures in software such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, Speedikon and PDS systems.
- Create and revise equipment layout, piping, electrical and instrumentation, mechanical, civil, structural and architectural drawings and models.
- Creates and revises drawings and models from sketches, plans, and written and verbal instructions.
- Manage high volume of drawing revisions – manage red-line system and verify all associated items are updated throughout the drawing set.
- Interact with WPNA/WCC CAD users and the CAD/CAE service center at Germany site.
- Interface and communicate with project engineers, plant engineers, engineering contractors, other designers and assembly/installation staff as required.
- Provides input regarding company graphics standards and procedures. Support development and documentation of design standards, user guides and procedures to create uniform drawings and documentation.
- Perform engineering support tasks including: plotting drawings, filing originals, creating PDF’s, and occasional plant/site visits to obtain as-built information.
- Test updates or new version of CAD/CAE tools for backward compatibility and new functionality.
- Handle complex drafting assignments under minimal supervision.
- AA or BS degree in engineering or computer aided drafting/design or related field preferred
- 3+ years combined of 2-D and 3-D model computer aided drafting/design experience with software such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, Speedikon or PDS 3D modeling. Experience with COMOS is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience working with engineering, procurement and construction projects and/or large chemical manufacturing facility preferred with multiple disciplines (e.g. CSA, EIC, or Process).
- Excellent written and communication skills required, including the ability to effectively respond to team members with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness and the ability to travel domestically and overseas.
- Familiar with drafting standards, symbols, nomenclature, engineering terms, proper use of materials, and engineer/drawing reference materials.