The basic scope of work includes pulling, routing, installing and terminating structured voice and data cabling infrastructure in a commercial environment.
We are looking for cable installers with experience with one or more of the following:
- Pulling and routing CAT5 or CAT 6 cable in a new construction commercial environment
- Terminating phone jacks
- Dressing and terminating distribution frames (66 or 110 blocks, patch panels)
- Testing cable/troubleshooting networking issues
- Experience building out closets and frames
- Basic project management experience
- At least 3 months of experience installing voice and data systems in a commercial environment
- Basic telecom tools: Punch down, snips, wire strippers, cordless drill, Hard Hat, Boots, Safety Glasses, etc.
- BICSI certification not immediately required, but must be able to complete certification if needed
- Familiarity with BICSI, EIA, TIA or NEC Standards
- Comscope or Siemens certifications would be a plus
Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen