Business Analyst, Systems Development
This Information Management professional will be expected to perform the following tasks and deliver services and products as outlined:
- Candidate will be expected to work within a goal-oriented team environment and be flexible in meeting team objectives. This role will require meeting with multiple end users in order to understand and document requirements, maintain meeting minutes and action item tracking, and provide weekly status reports.
- Utilizing a working knowledge of project management, software engineering methodologies, change management and business process improvements/re-engineering to coordinate the deployment of applications to support Spaceport customers.
- Assist with work measurements, white paper development, systems analysis, standards development, work analysis, and redesign. Identify and document enhancements to existing custom and COTS software.
- Assist in the creation of software design specifications, database design documentation; UML documents, complex flowcharts, diagrams, systems requirements specifications, Microsoft Project schedules and presentations from which systems and programs may be developed.
- Communicate with Information Management staff, work group leaders, user representatives, vendors and technical experts to determine requirements, standards and approach. .
- Analyze software performance and ensure corrections for the proper operation and compliance with system specifications. Assist in guiding organizations in identifying and tracking meaningful metrics associated with their work performance and standards.
- Candidate will be expected to conform to Systems Development Lifecycle process requirements in accordance with existing Information Management Policy and Procedures.
- Provide status reports as required.
Education and Experience:
Must be familiar with general business principles, basic statistics, operations research, process analysis and improvement methodology, project management and business computations.
Bachelors Degree in Business or related field. Five (5) years experience in related field. Equivalent education/experience is applicable. Requires outstanding verbal and prolific written communication skills. This position requires knowledge of common office software such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, email, and internet use. Candidate must have a working knowledge of Visio and Microsoft Project. Oracle, Microsoft, ColdFusion, JAVA certifications and familiarity with “.net” Development Applications are a plus. Knowledge of UML also a plus. Experience with Maximo or Identity Management Systems is highly desirable.