Immediate opening for a Buyer / Procurement Specialist professional to join a large construction project in the East Valley.
- Direct interaction with suppliers and company personnel
- Determining best cost and availability of materials and equipment
- Creating and issuing Purchase Orders, and entering PO details
- Writing equipment and tool transfers
- Scheduling for all material/rentals/special orders to construction job sites.
- Managing equipment and tool inventory
- Minimum of 3 years material/equipment purchasing and expediting experience
- College-level education preferred
- Basic computer systems knowledge and use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks with minimal direct supervision
- Customer Service oriented approach to field personnel
- Using Web-based Oracle and/or Sharepoint software
- Basic understanding of contracts, construction trade