Tech USA is seeking an innovative, highly motivated, results driven and LEAN focused Buyer Planner to join our manufacturing facility reporting to the Focus Factory Manager. This role is an opportunity to accelerate leadership development and a Supply Chain career in a dynamic and metrics/results driven organization. The Buyer Planner will have responsibility for material replenishment and management. This role will ensure material availability (using optimum inventory based on Kanban) to enable on time assembly and delivery to the customer. This position will work closely with the cell leader on the floor managing the scheduling boards and Kanban boards to ensure accurate data to the cells regarding customer demand.
- 0-3 years of experience (minimum)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or related field.
- Internship, Co-Op or school project in the Manufacturing Field
- Knowledge of Lean, thorough knowledge of KanBan principles, product component knowledge and assembly processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with hourly personnel. The ability to develop and train cell leaders to manage a team oriented production group.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficient in Excel as a tool for data analysis, ability to problem solve and the ability to multi-task are required.
- Manage the KB Boards – purchase material to keep the cells running and orders shipping on time to internal/external customers
- Manage the Stand Up Meeting with the cell leaders – daily start to each day looking at late, current, and future demand and creating a plan to meet customer demand while reducing cost
- Manage inventory in the FF – monitor KB and reduce/re-size as necessary
- Manage the KB Process – audit the KB to check for: 1) material and no card, 2) card and no material, 3) no material and no card on board, 4) material being pulled from two bins, 5) material not in dedicated location.
- Manage the Customer – act as an interface between floor and customer, communicate problems and appropriately deal with customer demand to ensure zero late
- Continuous improvement – participate in continuous improvement activities that drive the KPI’s (E, Q, D, C, I)