Studies and consolidates information to develop sourcing strategies, which fully support business needs in terms of quality, service, delivery and cost. Investigates and analyzes the commodity market to ensure materials are purchased at the most competitive prices. Participates and supports negotiations with suppliers. Works with group companies to identify potential cost savings. Develops long-term and mutually beneficial relationships with key suppliers.
- Executes purchases of one or more commodities across NA.
- Analyzes, develops and supports implementation of procurement plans and strategies to support forecasted needs for commodities.
- Establishes and implements strategies for negotiating commodity purchase agreements based on in-depth knowledge of foreign and domestic markets for optimum pricing and terms.
- Supports and participates in negotiations to achieve optimal pricing using knowledge of current market conditions and analysis of supplier proposals.
- Purchase commodities in accordance with approved buying and procurement policies.
- Collaborates with group companies to identify potential cost savings and develops, implements and tracks cost reduction plans.
- Ensures compliance with general organization-wide and department-specific ISO/TS 16949 requirements.
- Participates in and supports environmental ISO 14001 and safety activities by developing supporting goals and objectives, attending required training, complying with established procedures and initiating and implementing corrective actions, as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Level of Education and Training Required:
Bachelor"s degree in one of the following areas:
Supply chain management
Minimum Level of Knowledge and Skills Required:
1. A minimum of six (6) years in a Production Purchasing function in a manufacturing environment. Automotive-related experience is desired, although a candidate with similar experience in another industry will be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and success in the purchase of stamping and plastic molding, related to the following functions:
- Experience in a cross-cultural environment.
- A general understanding of supply contracts and the supply requirements of a manufacturing company.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) programs is required.
- Cost Management/Negotiation; including cost analysis, benchmarking, market trends, etc.
- Supplier Management, including sharing and addressing supplier performance issues appropriately
- Sourcing Activities; new products and localization of existing products
- Strategy Development
- Risk Management
- Cross-functional activities (supplier development, VA/VE support, internal improvement activities, etc.)
- Supplier shop-floor improvement activities
- Management of mulitple projects simultaneously, while achieving required deadlines and objectives