We need a Sr. Electrical PE with professional experience in the design of various electrical engineering projects.
Experience includes a broad range of responsibilities such as preparation of construction plans, specifications, studies, reports, and cost estimates for electrical repair projects, new construction, rehabilitation, and installation of electrical utilities.
- Responsible for organizing and managing the firm’s resources to accomplish specific project cost, time, and quality from project’s inception to project completion.
- Act as the representative of the firm in all matters related to the client, consultants and all parties addressing the firm concerning the project.
- Coordinate and control the development of projects through the timely execution and monitoring of fee proposal, agreement, project budget, design and construction schedule.
- Planning, report preparation, design, economic analysis and construction management which includes the preparation of plans, specifications, cost estimates, studies, reports, and Supervision Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA).
- Perform design calculations for load analysis, short circuit, coordination study, arc flash analysis, voltage drop and lighting.
- Review and approval of electrical shop drawings and product data
- Review and respond to contractor requests for information (RFIs).
- Conduct field surveys, site inspections and develop punchlists.
- Have a working knowledge of Code (NEC/CEC) and Energy Standards (Title 24/LEED).
- BS Electrical Engineering – required.
- Professional Electrical Engineer – California – required.
- Minimum 4 plus years working for a MEP firm required.
- Project experience should include electrical repair projects, new construction, rehabilitation, and installation of electrical utilities, medium/ low voltage power distribution, motor protection. industrial/process controls, coordination studies, and short circuit analysis.
- Competent use of Engineering Software Applications: AutoCAD , SKM Power Tools, Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Lighting Software (Visual or AGi32).
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot as the need arises
- Ability to read floor plans, sections and elevations, risers, details, schedules and specifications.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- U.S. Citizenship or Legal Permanent Resident status required.