Supervises and coordinates activities of workers concerned with ordering, receiving, storing, inventorying, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and parts, in the stockroom, warehouse, or yard by performing the following duties.
- Advises employees on care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock; and related problems.
- Studies records and recommends remedial actions for reported non-usable, slow-moving, and excess stock.
- Reviews record for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine the adequacy of stock levels.
- Schedules work for special and periodic inventories.
- Traces the history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Determines work procedures prepare work schedules and expedites workflow.
- Issues are written and oral instructions.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve the efficiency of subordinates.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves complaints.
- Prepares composite reports from individual reports of subordinates.
- Adjusts errors and complaints.
- Runs various reports using SAP, and prepares various reports in Excel and Word.
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises 3 or more employees in the Logistics Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.