The Network Engineer is responsible for the installation, maintenance and service for all networking equipment, with the primary focus on Cisco products. The individual in this position will assist in network design, implementation and provide ongoing support.
- Perform engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities associated with network design, engineering, implementation, operations, and user support.
- Research, test, document, and perform firmware updates, basic commands, and general patching on a variety of infrastructure devices and appliances to include but not limited to Cisco Network Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Hyper-V virtual appliances, PDUs, UPSs, infrastructure applications, and other specialized server equipment.
- Develop and implement Quality of Service (QoS) statements to improve overall network performance of telephony and computer networks.
- Develop and maintain crossboundary network solutions (e.g., firewalls, access control lists, etc.) between multiple networks
- Understand DoD STIG implementation and validation process.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field plus 10-12 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10 years hands-on experience with Cisco network equipment with valid CCNA/CCNP certification
- 7-10 years working knowledge of Layer-3, VPNs, PSPF, firewall policy and VLAN management
- 8+ years of experience in a Network or Solutions Architect level role
- Proficiency with Cisco IOS and scripting languages
- Strong experience using Solarwinds and Nipper
- Network protocols including TCP, UDP, HTTP, FTP, DNS, SIP, RTP
- Network infrastructure including LAN, WAN, routing, switching, load-balancing, monitoring
- Network applications including VoIP, encryption, SSL offloading, content delivery
- Network security including firewalls, proxies, ACL, IPSec, VPN, SSL/TLS, PKI
- Intermediate experience with DoD security hardening, collection and assessment tools (STIGs, ACAS SCAP, Nessus, etc.) and experience with security architectures, firewalls and network access.
- Experience with configuring, monitoring, and maintaining network security equipment including, access control lists (ACLs), layer 3 and 4 firewalls.
- Must either possess or have the ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
- US citizenship required.
- Must be willing to submit to pre-employment background and credit review.
- Certifications: Network + and CCNA; CCNP, CCIE/VoIP Preferred.