- Acts as primary point of contact for interface between the business users and IS teams.
- Formulates and defines systems, scope, and objectives through research and fact-finding, combined with a basic understanding of business systems.
- Conduct analyses of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing logic, as necessary.
- Employees in this position should be experienced in full Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) and understand the business impact of applications and the information technology available to meet those needs.
- Reviews programming requests and work with business users and technical staff to identify, gather, analyze, and document business system requirements.
- Articulates and present business analysis results clearly and concisely to programming staff.
- Develops requirements tractability matrix to be used in software development and QA testing.
- Works with business users to document current work flow processes and collaborate with users in identifying, defining, and documenting process improvement options and alternatives, as directed by business needs.
- Works with business users to define and document business rules.
- Identifies required information fields and develop data dictionary.
- Participates in systems development efforts.
- Participates in testing, acceptance testing and implementation of information systems, modules, and subsystems.
- Provides user support during application software implementations.
- Participates in training users on application software.
- Participates in Application Group and business unit meetings.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- A Master's Degree in a related field Preferred
- 3+ years of experience in business analysis (or 1+year with Master's degree)
- 2+ years of experience in full Software Development Life-Cycle
- Other Health care experience Preferred
- Demonstrated written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Other Ability to clearly articulate and explain business processes and concepts.
- Other Ability to think logically in solving assigned problems and to present recommendations with clarity in written and graphic form.
- Other Ability to interpret a complex variety of technical instructions, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Other Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals or technical procedures.
- Other Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers.
- Microsoft Excel Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft PowerPoint