We are currently seeking 2 Pipefitters for a Project in Prescott, AZ. This project will go on through October 2017.
- Lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs and maintains piping, piping systems, and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, and industrial processing systems. Selects type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications.
- Performs a variety of duties which may often change.
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications.
- Inspects worksites to determine presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes will not cause structural weakness.
- Plans sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers.
- Cuts pipe using pipe cutters, port-a-band saw, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and pipe cutting machine.
- Threads pipe, using threading machine.
- Assembles and installs variety of metal and nonmetal pipe and pipe fittings, including those made of brass, copper, glass and plastic.
- Joins piping by means of welded, grooved, threaded, soldered, brazed, fused, or cemented joints.
- Installs hanger systems as specified in construction documents.
- Installs refrigeration and air conditioning systems including compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping.
- Tests piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- Loads and unloads construction materials from trucks and into buildings.
- Maintains good housekeeping and a safe work area.
- Teach, coach and provide direction to apprentices and helpers to work safely, deliver quality, and work productivity.
- Works safely, encourages others to do so, and complies with applicable health and safety-related rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Minimum of three years industry experience.
- Must have Brazing and Soldering Copper experience
- Able to install work from drawings, submittals and specifications
- Able to read and understand project related documents in the English language.
- Knowledge of basic construction/shop math (addition, subtraction, division, fraction, and multiplication).
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Ability to make decisions based on information at hand.
- Work easily and skillfully with hands.
- Maintain a positive attitude and willing to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively and deal diplomatically with coworkers other tradesmen.
About Tech USA:
Tech USA, Engineering & Construction Solutions is a comprehensive provider of workforce and project support solutions throughout the Engineering, Construction, and Environmental Industries, including Construction Management, Environmental Services, Remediation, Geotechnical Services, Safety, MEP Design & Construction and Biofuels. We are actively seeking candidates for contract, contract-to-hire, project support and permanent placement jobs throughout the nation. View our website to see a list of our current open positions; however, not all of our positions are listed so don’t forget to submit your resume and request a consultation with one of our Engineering & Construction recruiting specialists to explore your opportunities further.
At Tech USA we understand that next to your family, your career is one of the most important aspects to a happy and fulfilling life. This is why we take the time to truly understand and get to know our candidates, so we can then pair them with the right job, not just any job. As a result, Tech USA is known throughout the industry for quality, reliability and the highest satisfaction from both our clients as well as the candidates that we represent. Contact a local Tech USA representative today and learn about the many opportunities we may have available for you. Tech USA is an equal opportunity employer.