Our client is in need of Journeyman Sheet Metal Workers for their project in Prescott, Arizona.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Essential Job Functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Fabricates, assembles, installs and repairs sheet metal products and equipment such as duct work, control boxes, drainpipes, ventilators and furnace casings, according to instructions and/or blueprints within a commercial setting..
Specific Job Duties:
• Comply with all safety standards, policies and procedures
• Maintain a clean work area, comply with housekeeping requirements
• Fabricate or alter parts using shears, hammers, punches, snips and drills
• Install support hangers, make duct connection using clips, drives, nuts, bolts, TDC tape, sealer, sheet metal screws, etc. as needed
• Cut in 45 degree entry takeoff holes (round, rectangle or square) using hand or electric snips
• Drill and punch holes in metal for screws, bolts, rivets and install spin-in, peel and stick, or airtight duct taps, connect to branch duct
• Cut holes in block or concrete walls and roofs
• Install manual dampers, supporting hardware, etc., make final connections to equipment
• Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff and smooth surfaces, seams and joints of assembled parts using hand tools and portable power tools
• Obtain ladders, hardware, sealant, etc. as needed
• Fasten seams and joints with bolts, cement, rivets, caulk, clips, etc.
• Install round pipe/spiral duct, flex duct, motorized dampers, fire dampers, splitter dampers, louvers, air handlers and flex duct
• Measure up fabrication and calculate duct lengths between fittings
• Miter ducts
• Determine type of duct sealant required and apply, apply caulking
• Insulate duct or wrap if required
• Repair duct liner if necessary
• Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
• Must be able to lift 75 lbs. and frequently carry 40 lbs. unassisted
• Ability to lift tools, duct and fixtures overhead
• Ability to work at heights including climbing on ladders, scaffolding and stair cases
• Ability to stand for long periods of time as well as bend, crouch, kneel and work in small spaces
• Must be able to use hands to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects
• Punctual and regular attendance
• Ability to work on a team and interact with people
• Ability to accurately read a ruler or tape measure
• Must have the ability to travel to job sites and occasionally have overnight stays
• Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• Follow and adhere to all company policies and procedures
• Ability to work 10 hour days, flexible schedule, overtime when necessary