Our client in Phoenix, AZ is seeking to hire a full-time Roadway Project Engineer. Are you a talented and creative engineer who would like to be part of a civil engineering team that works together to develop practical and often innovative public works solutions? Are you interested in starting a successful long-term career with an established company that gives back to its employees and community? If so, please read on!
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A ROADWAY PROJECT ENGINEER
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering
- Be registered as a Professional Engineer (PE) in Arizona OR be able to obtain an Arizona PE license within 6 months of employment
- At least 6 years of engineering experience
- Strong technical knowledge of transportation engineering principles
- Ability to learn and use AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation and Inroads
- Skills in horizontal and vertical control/geometry, incorporation and interpretation of survey data, roadway modeling, retention basin modeling, staking diagrams, cross-sections, and earthwork calculations
- Strong knowledge in roadway design and roadway drainage design
- Ability to participate in complex and high-value projects
- Strong technical writing skills
Previous experience working in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microstation, InRoads, and ArcGIS is preferred but multiple factors will be taken into consideration. Previous experience with public works projects is a definite plus! Any experience in roadway drainage design, including pavement drainage, storm drain systems, retention basins, and culvert design would also be helpful.