Our client in Pheonix is currently seeking Certified Welders to join their team.
This is a 6 month contract to hire Position with a really great company
- Plans sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers.
- Cuts pipe using pipe cutters, port-a-band saw, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and pipe cutting machine.
- Threads pipe, using threading machine.
- Assembles and installs variety of metal and nonmetal pipe and pipe fittings, including those made of brass, copper, glass and plastic.
- Joins piping by means of welded, grooved, threaded, soldered, brazed, fused, or cemented joints.
- Installs hanger systems as specified in construction documents.
- Installs refrigeration and air conditioning systems including compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping.
- Tests piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
This company specializes in building large food distribution centers (refrigeration/amonia).
Qualifications: must have 6g certs, have experience welding/fitting stainless steel and carbon steel pipes. Pay is based off how well one does on the weld test.
- Minimum of three years industry experience.
- Completion of apprenticeship program and/or trade licensure preferred.
- Knowledge of International Mechanical Code (IMC) and OSHA safety regulations.
- Able to install work from drawings, submittals and specifications
- Able to read and understand project related documents in the English language.
- Knowledge of basic construction/shop math (addition, subtraction, division, fraction, and multiplication).
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Ability to make decisions based on information at hand.
- Work easily and skillfully with hands.
- Maintain a positive attitude and willing to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively and deal diplomatically with coworkers other tradesmen.
About Tech USA:
Tech USA, Engineering & Construction Solutions is a comprehensive provider of workforce and project support solutions throughout the Engineering, Construction, and Environmental Industries, including Construction Management, Environmental Services, Remediation, Geotechnical Services, Safety, MEP Design & Construction and Biofuels. We are actively seeking candidates for contract, contract-to-hire, project support and permanent placement jobs throughout the nation. View our website to see a list of our current open positions; however, not all of our positions are listed so don’t forget to submit your resume and request a consultation with one of our Engineering & Construction recruiting specialists to explore your opportunities further.
At Tech USA we understand that next to your family, your career is one of the most important aspects to a happy and fulfilling life. This is why we take the time to truly understand and get to know our candidates, so we can then pair them with the right job, not just any job. As a result, Tech USA is known throughout the industry for quality, reliability and the highest satisfaction from both our clients as well as the candidates that we represent. Contact a local Tech USA representative today and learn about the many opportunities we may have available for you. Tech USA is an equal opportunity employer.