Our client is currently seeking a Piping Foreman. This is a opportunity for you to get in with a great smaller company here locally.
- Prepares material take‑off's, layout appropriate systems and makes isometric and schematic sketches from blueprints, specifications, submittals and job orders.
- Participates in job planning for work packages, site set-up and construction schedules.Estimates worker‑hour requirements to meet the needs of the construction plan.
- Establishes and adjusts work sequences to meet construction schedules utilizing knowledge of equipment capacities and assigned personnel.
- Schedules and coordinates activities of assigned craft workers while communicating and coordinating schedules with other trades.
- Operates and supervises operation of equipment and machinery such as backhoes, forklifts, manlifts, power tools and tampers. Inspects work in progress and completed work to insure conformance to specifications.
- Coordinates placement and storage of materials, tools and supplies to support the construction plan.
- Eliminates construction and job site hazards as they are recognized to reduce safety incidents and their severity.
- Estimates cost for change orders and/or contracts. As required, works with tools to meet construction schedules or other demands.
- Trains and supervises workers on company policies, safety practices, regulations and installation procedures.
- Completes and maintains time records and work reports. Conducts timely, complete and meaningful APPLEs for assigned or supervised Partners.
- Provides leadership and influences issues affecting his/her chosen trade.
- Exemplifies the tenets of Servant Leadership within the company culture.
- Assures effective growth of assigned Partners so they are given the opportunity to achieve career goals.
- Five to ten (5-10) years in mechanical contracting working as a construction foreman or similar function.
- Stable work history.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, submittals, specifications, details and job orders; perform a variety of duties which may often change; repeat tasks of short duration according to a set procedure and work within precise limits and standards of numerical accuracy.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, delegate and control the work process.
- Strong interpersonal and people skills.
- Good written and oral communications skills