Job Description Summary: The Business Analyst will guide the mobile enterprise application development using Agile processes, working closely with the Project Manager and Scrum Master. Acting as a gatekeeper for the Engineering Delivery team, the analyst will interpret business requirements from stakeholder organization and translate them into actionable technical requirements. This position will require coordinating with Product Managers, Field Operations and the Development Team to plan, communicate and execute the development of our mobile enterprise applications requirements while adhering to agile development processes, including sprint meetings, sizing and grooming sessions, in-sprint demos, and stakeholder demos.
- Translate business requirements from into epics and create user stories that are understand by technical teams
- Develops scalable processes to support and benefit the Company's architecture vision.
- Helps to define success metrics for each new system or process and establishes a plan to track, monitor, and measure the success of those metrics.
- Completes assessments of business processes and documents each of the following areas: problem statements, process flows, gap analyses, and solution recommendations.
- Develops repeatable, and thus scalable, plans and processes in order to speed time to market and improve operational efficiency.
- Interacts closely with matrixed cross-functional teams (both field and corporate) in order to secure alignment.
- Diagnoses, corrects, and documents issues, risks, and problems using Quality Assurance (QA) practices
- Act independently to deliver consistent and dependable results.
- 5+ years of recent experience working in an Agile-based development environment as a Business Analyst or equivalent (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Ability to develop detailed and concise user stories in the standard Scrum format (using Jira, Rally, VersionOne, etc.) – Must understand the INVEST criteria
- Effective group facilitation talent that encourages all team members to contribute and commit
- Understanding of roles and responsibilities in the agile software development environments
- Understanding of web application and web service product architectures and basic features
- Experience redirecting interruptions to team output into product backlogs
- Skilled at innovating processes that facilitate the needs of stakeholders and teams on a project by project basis
- Process and Product Development experience
- Knowledge of cable/telecommunication/media industry
- Process Flows, Sequence Diagraming (UML)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Subject matter expertise with cable Multiple System Operator (MSO) technologies, infrastructure, and business practices
Experience managing web applications used for Customer Care and Support Engineering users
Experience facilitating teams who are developing backends in the Java language
Experience facilitating teams who are developing clients under Apple iOS
Previous experience with MSO Product Management, Quality Assurance, or Business Analysis