Electrical Design Engineer with previous electrical design engineering experience in power, lighting, or infrastructure projects.
Duties and Responsibilities of an Electrical Designer
· Design Electrical Power, Lighting, Instrumentation control system, Industrial control system & Waste and Water Control System
· Light fixture selection and Title 24 compliance documents
· Project management, client interface and writing project specifications are part of my job description.
· Communicate/coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and architects.
· Perform field visits in order to ascertain existing conditions and feasibility of project scope.
· Prepare drawings and construction drawings detailing the system designed using AutoCAD software.
· Perform engineering calculations such as load calculations, voltage drop, and lighting calculations using Visual Lighting Software.
· Perform engineering analysis such as load flow studies, short circuit calculations, coordination studies, and arc flash reports using SKM Power Tools.
· Write project specifications.
· Perform construction administration duties such as review and approve equipment submittals and respond to RFIs.