- Perform advanced heating and cooling load calculations with Trace or HAP;
- Develop sections and elevations of complex ductwork and piping areas;
- Develop equipment room sizes during SD and DD phases;
- Edit specifications to reflect the project requirements;
- Develop air and water flows;
- Understand fan and pump curves to properly select equipment for application;
- Use the psychrometric chart properly for any HVAC system;
- Meet with vendors to determine specification requirements for application.
- Coordinate with other disciplines (mepfp, arch, struct, etc) for all HVAC details;
- Respond to RFI’s for the project, and accurately review submittals;
- Understand work planning and manage the design process to the available hours in the work plan;
- Understand the proper scope of SD, DD, CD level documents and deliver appropriate documentation;
- Modify sequences of operations for AHU’s, CHW and HW systems;
- Understand both constant and variable flow systems, and properly applies equipment;
- Meets with contractors during the bid phase to review the design details;
- Performs field verification and take-offs of existing systems for renovation projects.