Building Engineer - Houston, TX
- Maintain relationships with the Property Management staff to update work orders
- Maintain heaters, chillers, pumps, fan coil units, etc.
- Administer inventory control programs and systems
- Assist Property and Engineering Management in the day-to-day financial transactions, selection, administration, and evaluation of suppliers and contractors.
- Assure all equipment is operated and maintained within the manufacturer’s specifications and the operating guidelines of the property.
- Understand preventive maintenance and overhaul schedules for all equipment and mechanical systems within the project.
- Understand OSHA guidelines and how to ensure that all equipment is maintained to guidelines/standards.
- Execute routine preventative maintenance programs in the face of interruptions.
- Respond appropriately to and assist emergency response personnel, at any time when on duty or on call.
- Test, maintain, and restore to working order any component of the main engineering systems used within a property.
- Ensure compliance with the emergency procedures for each property in conjunction with local jurisdiction and property management guidelines.
- Build and maintain effective communications and relationships with the Property Management Staff, tenants, vendors and peers.
- Overall communication style must be proactive and persuasive, as well as responsive and service oriented.
- Monitor and adjust all mechanical/pneumatic equipment, control gauges, distributor panels, valves, thermostats, diffusers and other equipment necessary to provide a comfortable environment for the buildings.
- Perform preventive maintenance duties, including changing filters, oiling motors, replacing light fixtures, inspecting/adjusting belts, replacing bearings, aligning shafts and annual inspections as directed by manufacturers.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities and a continually heavy workload.
- Document and report activities.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns.
- 5 years of experience with comparable equipment and operations.
- CFC Universal Certified, AED/CPR Certified, and OSHA 10 hour Certified.
- Intermediate Word and Excel proficiencies preferred
- Microsoft Outlook knowledge preferred
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- May be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations
- May require shift work and/or on call duties
- Must have a thorough understanding of HVAC, electrical and building automation systems
- Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical blueprints and schematics
- Physical requirements to include stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pump, tools, ladders) and ability to safely install rigging/lifting device