- The PFPD is a Designer by education and experience:
- Ability to combine personal judgment with information to implement design criteria.
- Has expertise in fire protection, plumbing and process piping systems.
- Demonstrates proficiency of technical concepts including Fluid Flow both compressible and incompressible.
- Able to use computer software including Hydraulic Calculation Software and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and as an individual. Communicates well with individuals in the organization.
- Capable of interpreting information set forth in a Basis of Design, field surveys and code research.
- Applies design principles to resolve design problems and tasks assigned.
- Develops and implements design criteria and system designs from concept through detailed design and construction.
- Directs and mentors subordinate staff of their responsibilities on a daily basis.
- Implements criteria for distribution systems, researches applicable codes, and investigates system routing options and equipment room layouts.
- Coordinates and implements the layout of distribution systems and equipment locations with team members within the discipline, as well as project team members in other disciplines.
- Proficient with design drawing software including Revit and AutoCAD.
- Performs system calculations. Sizes and selects system components.
- Reviews shop drawing submittals, and travels to job sites to perform field verification.
- The PFPD develops organizational skills including technical writing and time management:
- Uses excellent writing skills to author basis of design (BOD) narratives, design criteria documents, Reports, and other high quality highly technical written documents as needed.
- Uses excellent writing skills to edit design specifications; respond to Requests for Information (RFIs) incorporating information from project documents, specifications, shop drawings and design criteria; and prepare meeting notes.
- Reads relevant project correspondence and maintains project design files.
- Demonstrates willingness to work to meet deadlines as required by client demands.
||Orlando , FL
|Minimum Experience (yrs):