- Ability to combine personal judgment with information to establish and implement design criteria.
- Has expertise in Power, Lighting, Fire Alarm, Communications and Electronic Security systems. Experience with Process and Ground Support Equipment systems a plus.
- Demonstrates proficiency of electrical concepts including demand calculations, one-line distribution diagramming, signal degradation, short-circuit analysis and energy usage.
- Able to use computer software including SKM, Visual and other applicable tools.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as an individual. Communicates well with individuals in the organization.
- Capable of interpreting information set forth in a Basis of Design as well as information gathered from users, other consultants, field surveys and code research.
- Applies engineering principles to resolve engineering problems and tasks assigned.
- The SEE SPM is an Electrical Designer:
- Implements criteria for distribution systems, researches applicable codes, and investigates system routing options and equipment room layouts.
- Understands using design tools such as the NEC 70 code tables.
- Coordinates and implements the layout of distribution systems and equipment locations with team members within the discipline, as well as project team members in other disciplines.
- Proficient with design drawing software including Revit and AutoCAD. Proficiency in Creo Parametric is a plus.
- Performs system calculations. Sizes and selects system components.
- Reviews shop drawing submittals, and travels to job sites to perform field verification.
- The SEE SPM develops organizational skills including technical writing and time management:
- Uses excellent writing skills to author basis of design (BOD) narratives, design criteria documents, Engineering Reports, and other high quality highly technical written documents as needed.
- Uses excellent writing skills to edit design specifications; respond to Requests for Information (RFIs) incorporating information from project documents, specifications, shop drawings and design criteria; and prepare meeting notes.
- Reads relevant project correspondence and maintains project design files.
- Demonstrates willingness to work to meet deadlines as required by client demands.
- The SEE SPM provides Project Management for MEP/FP engineering and design projects:
- Responsible for all projects assigned.
- Maintains open lines of communication with clients.
- Manages client expectations.
- Manages team budgets as assigned.
- Manages and coordinates project schedules and due dates.
- Prepares client project presentations, studies, and reports.
- Manages weekly design team assignments.
- Assists in developing project staffing plans.
- Mentors senior- and junior-level staff.
||Orlando , FL
|Minimum Experience (yrs):