- Lay and bind building materials, such as brick, structural tile, concrete block, cinder block, glass block, and terra-cotta block, with mortar and other substances to construct or repair walls, partitions, arches, sewers, and other structures.
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, and practices used in the masonry and cement finishing trades.
- Ability to supervise the work of semi-skilled helpers engaged in stone and brick masonry, tile setting, and cement finishing.
- Ability to interpret and work from pencil sketches and drawings.
- Skill in the care and use of masonry and cement finishing tools