- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or architectural engineering (or another engineering discipline) from an accredited program.
- General understanding of building systems across disciplines and fundamental knowledge in at least one discipline such as HVAC, plumbing/piping, electrical, lighting, instrumentation and controls, or building envelope systems.
- Understanding of applicable design codes, design standards and specification requirements, and ability to interpret them.
- Fundamental knowledge of commissioning processes and commissioning process delivery.
- Proficient in computer operation for engineering calculation programs and ability to learn computer-aided drafting/BIM software for the purpose accessing and interpreting design requirements.
- Commissioning certification with a nationally recognized professional body.
- Valid driver’s license and state required vehicle insurance.