he BIM Manager position is a unique role that impacts many aspects of the firm. Wearing many hats, this individual negotiates multiple, concurrent priorities as they anticipate and respond to the diverse needs of the firm, its partner organizations and its clients. This role requires a high aptitude for technology, persistence, and patience, to successfully research, select, integrate, support and manage strategic technologies and processes that distinguish the firm as a leader in the area of Building Information Modeling.
- Develop and maintain Revit templates and content libraries.
- Resolve technical issues for individuals and teams.
- Assist development and implementation of BIM Project Execution Plans.
- Provide modeling and content creation assistance to project teams.
- Conduct quality control model reviews with project teams.
- Assist coordination of projects prime consultants and contractors.
- Collaborate with IT in providing PC, WAN and LAN support.
raining & Education
- Coordinate and/ or conduct live Revit training and presentations.
- Develop, document, and implement company standards and best practices.
- Establish, promote, and manage materials resources to support core competency goals.
- Attend and report on user groups, conferences, and workshops.
- Engages with all levels of the firm to promote technology and process innovation.
Research & Development
- Identify and track technologies and software applications relevant to the firm’s mission.
- Conduct hands on evaluations of software, plug-ins, utilities, and web resources.
- Track evolving industry best practice and standards for Revit and BIM.
- Engage with management and project teams to test and refine new processes and deliverables.
- Prioritize and coordinate Revit and BIM initiatives across multiple departments and offices.
- Coordinate all Revit and BIM initiatives and activities with operations, IT, and management.
- Participate in management meetings to report and advises on technical and staffing issues.
- Chair the Revit/ BIM committee.
- Identify and mentor application specialists.
- Manage local and national vendor relationships.
- Manage software licensing and subscription services.
- Establish and track metrics on major technology initiatives, software utilization, and ROI.
- Represent the firm through presentations and panels at various industry events.
- Planning, testing, deployment and support of new Revit versions and 3rd party add-ins.
- Resolve application interoperability and data integration issues.
- Participate in analysis and development of WAN and Cloud collaboration solutions.
Minimum of 10 years AEC project experience; Minimum 5 years of Revit experience; Expert Revit Skills; Prior firm-wide CAD/ BIM Management preferred; Experience with Dynamo and 3rd Party add-ins; Proficiency in current versions of AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, Navisworks, MS Office, 3D Studio Max, and Photoshop preferred; Strong working knowledge of 3D laser scanning, 4D, 5D, 6D, and 7D applications; Strong working knowledge of PC, LAN, WAN and database software and technologies; Excellent written, verbal, and social skills.
Please send a digital copy of your resume and an expanded edition of your portfolio in .pdf or .jpg format by email to employment and include BIM Manager in the subject line. Please visit our website at www.lakeflato.com for more information about our firm, our culture and our people. Upon receipt we will review and contact you should your qualifications meet our staffing needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Revit: 5 years
- BIM: 10 years