- Performs biological discovery research within a major or significant therapeutic area or a subspecialty within the biology discipline (e.g., biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology or pharmacology).
- Coordinates projects and resources according to Drug Innovation and Approval (DI&A) and regulatory priorities.
- Ensures scientifically correct and state-of-the-art approaches.
- Implements new and innovative technologies
- Limited use and application of scientific/technical principles, theories, and concepts in a discipline.
- Uses established procedures and methodologies to develop solutions to solve scientific/technical problems of limited scope.
- Work is directly supervised.
- Follows established procedures and methodologies.
- Contributes to completion of routine scientific/technical tasks.
- Has limited discretion to vary from established procedures.
- Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor, project leaders, and other professional staff to exchange and clarify information.