Manages established CAD department staff through daily management, supervision, and successful turnover of the projects to meet cost objectives with respect to contracting, scheduling, estimating and bidding. Manages CAD\BIM department based in Wilson, NC.
- Provide technical information regarding HVAC and Plumbing Systems.
- Provide value engineering solutions for potential design build/ design assist projects.
- Coordinate with estimating department to provide complete pricing requirements for specific projects through coordination with Regional VP, Construction Operations Manager and departments of oversight (CAD/BIM, estimating, Fabrication).
- Take lead on project interviews for potential projects – including schedule coordination of other CAD members that will attend any specific interviews.
- Coordinate turnover follow-up meetings to insure the preconstruction process evolves accordingly based on lessons learned.
- Installation, support, and maintenance of related BIM software
- Evaluate new BIM related software and stay informed on industry best practices.
- Develop, implement, and enforce BIM SOP’s and policies
- Ensure quality control of all drawings by verifying completeness, adherence to SOP’s, and proper level of details
- Train and manage activities of BIM personnel to ensure standards are maintained, schedules are met, and cost are within budget.
- Attend conferences, seminars, and workshops for BIM to stay abreast on future technology trends and industry best practices.
- Facilitate turnover meetings between the PM’s and Lead Coordinators
Will supervise CAD staff ranging from 5-8 direct reports.