Overall Responsibility: Provide BIM/CAD support to projects at the direction of the Operations Manager, Project Manager, or Technical Discipline Lead within the project deliverable schedule.
- Prepares engineering drawings from rough sketches or from general engineering and design information.
- Transforms marked-up drawings to convert drawings to precise and error-free CAD product.
- Coordinate structural, electrical, and mechanical designs and determine a method of presentation to graphically represent building plans.
- Assists Engineers/Designers on field surveys as required to obtain pertinent information for design.
- Assist Engineers/Designers in design layout of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection systems, etc.
- Advise Project Manager of project status with respect to schedule, budgets, delays and adverse problems; and confer with engineering staff to resolve problems.
- Creates progress reports.
- Uses resource efficiently and effectively.
- Shares learnings.
- Creates and maintains effective working relationships with supervisor, colleagues, clients, visitors and public-at large.
- Duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Day-to-day tasks
- Two years of technical school training in CAD or equivalent.